Welcome to my website! My name is Tommaso Rigon and I am a PhD student in Statistics. In this website you can find my curriculum vitae, the list of my publications and some statistical material, including code, notebook, tutorials, slides, etc.
My research interests include:
- Applied Bayesian modeling
- Bayesian nonparametrics
- Computational statistics
- [2017 - Present] Research Affiliate, Fondazione “de Castro” and Collegio Carlo Alberto, Turin, Italy. I am a Research affiliate at the Statistics initiative, Fondazione “de Castro” and Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- [2015 - 2019] Ph.D. in Statistical Sciences, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy. I am currently a Ph.D. student under the joint supervision of prof. Antonio Lijoi and prof. Igor Prünster.
- [2013 - 2015] M.S. in Statistical Sciences, Università degli studi di Padova, Padua, Italy. Thesis supervisor: prof. Bruno Scarpa. Final mark: 110/110 with laude.
- [2010 - 2013] B.S. in Statistics, Economics & Finance, Università degli studi di Padova, Padua, Italy. Thesis supervisor: prof. Nicola Sartori. Final mark: 110/110 with laude.
- [Sep 2014 - Nov 2014] Intern in Computational SEM, Groupon, Dublin, Ireland. I worked in the development of projects concerning:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Landing Page Optimization (LPO)
[Oct 2013 - Jul 2014] Customer Satisfaction Analyst, Bravofly Rumbo Group, Chiasso, Switzerland. Business analyst with a part-time contract. I improved existing reports implementing statistical analysis and A/B testing procedures.
- [May 2013 - Oct. 2013] Internship, Bravofly Rumbo Group, Chiasso, Switzerland. During the internship, I followed two distinct projects:
- Customer satisfaction analysis
- Attribution modeling for web analytics
- [Sep 2016 - Sep 2017] Teaching Assistant, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy. I helped in the teaching activity of the master courses “Data analysis” and “Statistics for Economic and Business”, taught in Bocconi, proposing and solving exercises.
- [Oct 2014 - Sep 2015] Academic Tutor, Università degli studi di Padova, Padua, Italy. I helped new students to get started in my faculty. I managed study groups proposing and solving exercises, advising them about academic curricula and learning method.
Affiliations and editorial activity
- Referee for:
- Bayesian Analysis
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
- Statistical Methods & Applications
- Statistics & Probability Letters